Sunday, June 14, 2009
Most women lose their looks and charm after child birth and give in to unending munching and nibbling. Most part of their food intake is comprised of
cakes and biscuits
Well... it may not be easy to work out each morning when you have alot of other things to do that seem to be much easier and interesting. But just quiting on these unncessary intakes is not as difficult as you may think.
Here are some facts for those who need and want to lose their weight the easy way:
Eating breakfast can help you lose body fat quicker than skipping it
Eating oatmeal or porridge reduces body fat as it contains fiber. Espcially if you eat it in the morning.
Drinking a glass of grape juice before each meal not only reduces the appetite but also stops fat content present in the food from storing in the body.It also expels saturated fats from the body and reduces body weight by boosting the metabolism.
After each meal ,drink a warm cup of water with a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed in it. This helps keep the stomach flat and reduces fat deposits.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
- Once a week rub raw potato slices on the soles of your feet and heels.You can also rub these slices on the top of your feet and especially around the cuticles.This therapy eliminates dead skin, replenishes it and improves the skin texture keeping it soft.
- Take a tub of warm water.Mix alum in it and let it dissolve a little. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and a little bit of coconut oil in the warm water. Soak your feet in this water for 30 minutes while you read a magazine. Scrub your feet gently for 5 minutes in the same water.It removes dirt from the most unreachable parts of your nails, toes and cuticles. It also softens the skin, eliminates blemishes around the feet, scrubs off dead skin and prevents chapping.
- Rub a lemon on your feet once a week to give them that charm, glow and softness you have always wanted.
- Rub olive oil on each of your toe nails and all over your feet gently in circular motions before going to bed. This strengthens nails and prevents them from turning brittle,de-shaped and rough.It gives toe nails a natural shine while your feet will look maintained and groomed every morning throughout the day.
- Scrub your feet with a mixture of pure milk-cream and oatmeal. This removes dead skin flakes from the feet and also hydrates skin by improving blood circulation and increasing oxygen absorption.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
For a glowing skin use this mixture
1/2 lemon juice( fresh)
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon rose water
Rub this mixture on your skin until you feel it has absorbed significantly.Leave it on for half an hour or so. Wash it off with a paste made of gram flour and water. Repeat this process atleast thrice a week and you will notice your skin has started to shine and glow within 2 weeks.! Trust me ...I have seen it work and I try to do this application frequently myself. It always gives my skin the smoothness and glow I always want and so I prefer to try this mixture a day before a special occasion to make my skin appear fresh and spotless.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Here are some excellent remedies I have always advised women who suffer back pain problems. These remedies have shown excellent results and are famous for curing back pain significantly.
50 grams of wheat
250 grams of milk
25 grams of cuscus grass
25 grams of coriander
- Soak the wheat over night in water. The next morning, pour the cuscus grass and coriander into the water. Mix it thoroughly until it turns into a paste. Now take milk and boil the paste in it till 2/3rd of the liquid is left. Drink this once a day to cure back pain. It is considered as an extremely effective home remedy to relieve back pain on long term basis and improve the digestive system.
- Drink honey mixed in a cup of hot water to get rid of your annoying back pain.
- My grandmother has always practiced drinking a cup of hot milk with a pinch of turmeric (haldi) powder in it after breakfast. She is 80+ and has never experienced back pain or joint problems like most women develop in later ages.
- Mix sugar candy and cuscus grass and have 6 grams of this everyday with milk to cure back pain.
- Exercise is also effective to treat back pain, which may be due to immobility or excessive bed rest. It helps to create flexibility in the bones and increases blood circulation through the spine, which in turn reduces back pain over the period of time.
- Rest for 2 hours flat on your back on the floor. This helps to cure back pain as the back gets the best posture this way. We mostly fail to give our back the comfort it needs and instead sleep on soft mattresses that can be the root cause for persistent back pain.
- Boil cabbage leaves in milk until it resembles jelly. Spread this mixture on a cloth and put this pack on your body area where you feel back pain the most and leave it overnight as long as you can. It kills the back pain as if it never existed.
- Don’t use soft cushions or seats. Use a hard mattress to sleep on and prefer to sleep on the floor with knees bent at a 90-degree angle to your body while sleeping on the side.
- Fry 10 garlic cloves in coconut oil or mustard oil and use this garlic oil to massage the back. It relieves back pain significantly once it starts penetrating the skin.
- Arthcare oil is excellent to relive body and back pain. It works as effective penetrating oil and has an anti-inflammatory effect that cures back pain within no time.
- If you are not a blood pressure patient then mix lemon juice (1 table spoon) with a little bit of salt and have it twice everyday. It will definitely relieve back pain and you won’t have to worry about taking medications.
- Apply hot water bottle or heat packs on the area where the back pain is concentrated most.
Rub raw potato on your back where the back pain persists.
- Mint oil massage is an excellent remedy for back pain. Mint is used in most back pain ointments too.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Healthy, strong and shiny nails can beautify your hands and give a statement about your personality. It can be quite difficult to maintain nails with a heavy work schedule. Especially if you are a housewife then detergents and household chemicals can leave your nails dry and brittle. Brittle and weak nails can be caused by lack of care, exposure to chemicals, nail biting, menopause, aging, lack of oxygen or estrogen reaching the nails, under active thyroid or nail diseases.
I believe in making life easy so that I get enough time for other activities rather than spending long hours in personal grooming. So here are a few tips for strong, clean, shiny and healthy nails which will work for everyone:
For stronger nails
Dip your nails in lemon juice everyday for 10 minutes. It removes any dirt accumulated in nails. Dirt splits nails and weakens them. Lemon juice is an excellent nail-strengthening agent.
Boil lemon grass in a cup of water and drink this water 2-3 times a day. This strengthens nails if you keep drinking it for a month.
Mix 4 drops of olive oil, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of powdered tealeaves. Rub this dry, paste like mixture onto nails for a few minutes and then clean it with tissue.
Apply Vaseline as frequently as you can everyday rubbing it into cuticles and nails. This strengthens nails as it blocks moisture from escaping the nails.
Another excellent nail strengthening natural treatment is to apply olive oil on each individual nail every night. Within a month you will notice your nails have become stronger and shiny.
For shiny nails
Avoid using acetone based nail polish removers as far as you can. They dry the nails depriving them of moisture causing them to lose their shine. Use nail polish removers that are acetone free.
After using nail polish remover, rinse your hands and moisturize your hands and nails with a heavy cream. This helps to retain the natural shine.
Rub a clove of garlic on your nails if you don’t have any immediate outdoor activities. Keep rubbing it until your nails feel sticky. Leave this on for half an hour and then wash it out with hand wash.
For clean nailsTake an old toothbrush and dip it in lemon juice. Rub the inner side of each nail and cuticle with this toothbrush. Dip it every time you do a new nail. This removes nail discoloration and any unwanted dirt from the most unreachable areas of nails. It also adds to nail shine and enhances their beauty making them appear clean and maintained.
Drink ample water all day long. Sufficient water intake re-hydrates your skin, hair and nails equally.
Eat vegetables and foods rich in vitamin B as this leads to strong, healthy and shiny nails.
Eating protein rich foods will give you strong and healthy nails. Proteins develop cells and construct tissues.
Have a teaspoon of fish oil every 3rd day in winters. This improves the health of hair, skin and nails.
Incase you have a chronicle nail disease then please see a doctor.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
In certain cases without exercise it is almost impossible to reduce body fat. But when you have a control over your food cravings, then the weight loss challenge may not be as difficult for you as it may seem. You just need a little bit of guidance and motivation to burn that body fat and lose the weight which makes you feel miserable.
If you really want to keep your hands off that roast turkey and double cheese burger on the kitchen counter then the best way is to keep your self so busy that you hardly get the time to think about food or even look at it.
- Drink a cup of hot water mixed with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice every day in the morning before you have your breakfast. This burns body fat and cellulite while your stomach is not busy digesting.
- Having a cup of green tea with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice twice a day works wonders to reduce body fat and trim down your curves.
- Grapefruit diet is based on having grapefruit juice with or before every meal. This diet is extremely effective and reduces body fat within a month.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in ¾ glass of water over night. Sieve it the next morning and drink this water empty stomach. This reduces body fat significantly, balances the menstrual cycle, reduces facial hair and smooths down the complexion.
- Soak ¼ teaspoon of carom seeds (bishop’s weed) in ¾ glass of water over night. Drink this water early morning with an empty stomach. This cuts down body fat and improves the digestive system speeding up the metabolism so that extra fat does not accumulate.
- Increase the use of fresh lemon in your diet to burn more calories and reduce body fat.
- After 1 hour of every meal it is ideal to have a cup of hot water. This stops fat from depositing in the form of cellulite.
- Reduce the intake of salt with food and water. When you have salt and drink liquids with it like when having chips and drinking water with them, it directly leads to water retention. This means you appear to be more fat and fat deposits in the form of cellulite.
- Use brown sugar whenever you need to sweeten foods. It has fewer calories.
- Eat foods rich in fiber such as fruits instead of fruit juices and uncooked green vegetables without dressings. High fiber foods burn calories when the body digests them.
- The more you drink water the more you urinate. This flushes out calories from your body and helps to reduce fat. Always prefer water to beverages when you are thirsty. But remember that you should never drink water during meals.
- The more Vitamin C you take the better it is for reducing body fat. Citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, grapefruit and tangerines are rich sources of vitamin C and help to cut down body fat significantly.
- Pectin is a natural chemical found in apples and berries, which reduces the fat absorption capacity within cells. If you eat more apples and berries, it will cut down fat deposits tremendously.
- Increasing the use of garlic and garlic oil reduces fat deposits and burns calories down.
Its an ideal practice to ensure a gap of at least 3 hours between a meal and going to bed at night.
Friday, August 22, 2008
- Slow down the aging process
- Reduce wrinkles to some extent
- Revitalize your skin
Instant revitalizing face mask
For fresher, spotless and younger looking skin
Tighten your wrinkles with potatoes
Beat 1 tablespoon of mint, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice, ½ teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of yogurt altogether. Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with tap water. This mask reduces blemishes, tightens the skin and increases oxygen absorption that reduces the aging process.
Papaya is a natural anti wrinkle agent
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Oh my god...all these years searching for creams and ointments to cure pimples and zits....what a waste of time..I wish I had met this girl before!
Chatting online with one of my colleagues I told her that I was going to write my next blog on pimples and zits. She said she was the expert and I should hire her for her advice and secret cure. I was like yeah right..."why don't you patent your secret remedy"...ha ha. Any way, by the end of the chat session she ended the conversation by letting out the secret.. "turmeric " is what she said...
For a second I thought she was kidding. But then she told me how to use it to cure a growing pimple or zit and also to cure scars left over by zits. No wonder she had such a spotless and charming skin!
I decided to first practically implement it and then write about it in case it was effective. I used it on my sister who always complains that she has an excessively oily skin and has pimples most of the times on her cheeks and chin. Guess what ? It worked ! It stopped a growing pimple right there and even cured it!
Wait till you hear what I found out about turmeric from a real expert. After some research from my grandmother who is the real expert and know-it-all about natural home remedies and herbs, I found out that drinking 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric added to a glass of warm milk everyday helps:
- cure all stomach ulcers
- reduces acne
- reduces pimples and zits
- relieves body aches
- cures arthritis
- slows down the process of osteoporosis
- reduces the risk of cancer
- relaxes the body
- heals internal injuries
- improves the digestive system
- improves eye sight
- cures insomnia
Rubbing 1 table spoon of turmeric mixed in 1/2 cup of yogurt or gram flour (add some water to make a paste) on your body or face :
- lightens blemishes
- improves skin tone
- smooths down the complexion
- softens the skin
- reduces facial and body hair
- removes black and white heads
- cures pimples and zits
Wash your hands, wet your pimple with water and apply a thin coat of turmeric on it and leave it on for a few hours. Repeat this process until the pimple/zit disappears. This will stop the pimple from growing and leaving a scar.
Applying 1 teaspoon of turmeric mixed in 1 tablespoon of mustard oil on a bruise, open wound, sprain or fracture:
- cures the wound remarkably
- reduces scarring unbelievably
- soothes down the sprain
- heals a fracture faster than any medication
- removes scars